Monday, March 24, 2008

An urge to study....

Ouch.. that wall is cold...

I had an epiphany today. It brought back the urge to study. There are a few incidents that change the way you do a few things. The thing that was going wrong with me finally seems to be rectified by that one talk. Ideally that person was blasting me and my cover letter and resume, so called critiquing, but I just went on listening. It was easy and I could have simply refused to listen more. This is something that a friend Monika writes in her blog.
After the talk which went about for an hour, I introspected. I realized that not all of what he said was true of me. But owing to his stature, I could not argue. I decided to keep quiet. Ultimately it all boils down to what I want to take out of it. So I filtered out the things I felt that would help me improve the way I am doing things.
It's strange but that person without knowing much about me, was still able to give me an answer to questions that I was seeking to find for long.

1 comment:

That was it... said...

:-) Good...you should take out what you want to..and leave the rest...filtering of thoughts!