Sunday, August 16, 2009

Grandma

Grandma

Most of my childhood was spent at my grandparents house, as my parents were in college. From the stories of my childhood that I hear, I constantly traveled between my maternal and paternal grandparents. I have been literally been brought up by them, till I understood things. And the year i started to do so, I went to a boarding school.

This is my father's mother, who does not want to leave the village home and come and settle with her sons in the town.

After I went to boarding school, my stay at home was very limited. I used to go there only during holidays, which was never much. So whenever I went home, my grandma used to come from the village to meet me. She never comes empty handed. It could be either fresh corn, sugarcane from the fields, or home made fish curry, or rotis made of rice flour, or guavas and papayas from the garden in the village home.

Now her visit to the town is very limited. But mine to the village is not. I make it a point to go to the village every time I go home.

And I do not go empty hand either.

2 comments:

LSP said...

Hey, I can perfectly associate with your feelings on this one!! I've moved out of my hometown 6 years back for work. When ever I go there I make it a point to go and visit my grandma!! Yes even I make sure I don't go empty handed :)

Kshitiz Anand said...

Thanks LSP.

Glad you liked the shot and associate with it.

:)